Here are the House Rules:
Violation of any of the rules below is likely to lead to the immediate blocking of your IP address and email. In some cases, breaking these rules could lead to legal action being taken against you by the authorities or an aggrieved party. Please be aware that in exceptional circumstances Yes to Homes could be legally obliged to reveal your personal datails and/or IP address to the authorities.
- Do not impersonate other people. You must only submit your email address. Emails deliberately intended to look as though they are coming from someone else may leave you liable to defamation law or other civil action.
- No defamatory comments. A defamatory comment is one that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation. If successfully sued you could be held liable for considerable damages and costs.
- Do not give out personal details and do not implicate other people. Your email (minus your personal details) may be put into the public domain by the local planning authority. You must not use Yes to Homes to name any individual, give personal details or implicate anyone; you should never identify anyone as a wrongdoer by name, description or address.
- Do not send emails that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, homophobic or racially offensive.
- Do not use the website as a place to air personal grievances about other people or organisations.
- No spamming or flooding. Don’t send the same email, or very similar emails, more than once.